China Airlines Flight Search Case Study
This project aims to evaluate and update the China Airlines online ticketing system. Though this site is fairly modern and decently functional, it's due for a tune-up, if China Airlines hopes to compete with western competitors. I challenged myself to work within the Bootstrap responsive framework to design a rich, unified experience. This page details my process and the resulting product.
Role: UX, UI design
• Align mobile / desktop experience
• Create responsive site with Bootstrap framework
• Allow users to edit inputs at any step
• Provide “birds eye view” throughout purchase workflow
• Facilitate correction of input errors
• Expand and clarify “My Trip” panel
I decided to limit my focus to the existing workflow, and not rearrange the site architecture. This put my focus on individual screens and decisions made by users along the way. My plan was to build wireframes for the flight selection process, then test them and refine.
I wanted to improve the process of selecting flights. My first iteration proved not to be very intuitive. I learned that there should be feedback when a flight is selected, then a clear indication when you are moving on to the next step.